How Do You Pick the Right Personal Injury Attorney for Your Case?
If you are seriously injured in an accident, here are five important guidelines to help you pick the best law firm.
- Do your research. Check this independent source that rates attorneys all over America – Martindale and Hubble.
- Meet face-to-face with people from the law firm to make sure you are comfortable with them. Get a sense for the attitude and professionalism of the supporting team in the office, as well as the attorneys.
- Ask friends, family, or colleagues about the attorney you are considering. Be sure to ask the firm for references.
- Make sure the attorney you select has extensive experience with Personal Injury cases and a proven record of success.
- Make sure the attorneys in the law firm you select have considerable experience in the courtroom, and strong reputations as trial attorneys.
What is the Most Important Thing to Do After an Injury Accident?
If you’ve suffered a serious injury in an accident through no fault of your own, what should you do first? We recommend that you call an attorney experienced in personal injury law, before you deal with insurance companies.
Dealing with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies – especially the other party’s – want to settle injury claims as quickly as possible and very often for much less than your medical care may cost over the long term. How should you deal with insurance companies if you’ve been seriously injured in an accident? We recommend that you seek the counsel of an injury attorney who can help you navigate the complexities in the situation before you sign anything.
Finding the Right Personal Attorney – and When
Don’t wait until you need an injury lawyer before you select the one that’s right for you and your family. Find the right personal injury attorney now so that if you are in an accident – or a member of your family experiences a serious injury through no fault of his own, you know who to call right away to make sure all the legal details are taken care of while you focus on recovery.
Injury Accident Checklist
After an injury accident, there are a lot of questions and details to take care of. First and foremost, you must focus on your recovery. But it’s also important to keep track of such things like your medical providers, medical expenses, time lost from work, and so forth.
If Your Claim Has Been Denied in an Accident Case, Don’t Settle
Is your injury covered by your insurance or not? Most of the time, insurance company representatives will tell you no and deny your claim. If that happens, don’t accept their word for it until you’ve had a chance to talk with a personal injury lawyer who can work through the layers of complexity involved in the situation.
For additional information about actual personal injury cases handled by Barr and Mudford, please visit Case Studies.
If you have been injured in an accident, call us for a free consultation and let’s talk about your case. In Redding, Chico, and throughout Northern California, contact us at 530 243 8008 or 800 528 2020. We can help.
Tell Us About Your Case
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential initial consultation.